Friday, October 22, 2010

White Crescent Rolls

Out of all the things I love to cook/bake, bread is probably my favorite. There is nothing quite like hot fresh bread. Plain, or smothered in butter or honey butter. Mmmmmm This is probably my very favorite roll recipe. The rolls come out tender and delicious.

My kids like to help me roll up the crescents. My sweet little 4 year old will even make me "special" rolls. I just don't know what I would do without all of my super special helpers. I would probably have way too much time on my hands (although my house would probably be immaculate). :)

I usually use instant yeast and just mix it in with the flour, instead of proofing it in the water. The instant yeast makes it go a little faster.



1 ¼ cup water
½ cup butter
1/3 cup powder milk
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon yeast
1 egg, slightly beaten
3 ½ cups flour

Proof yeast in ¼ cup water, sprinkle with a little sugar. Melt butter in remaining water. Add powder milk and sugar, then add yeast and egg. Mix in flour and let rise 1 hour. Punch down and divide in 2. Roll each half in to a circle. Cut into 12 pieces and roll from the large end to the small end to make a crescent. Cover and let rise 20 to 30 minutes. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes. Brush with melted butter.

Recipe from my friend Beth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...