Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Whole Wheat Pancakes

I was reading through my entries and thought to myself, how boring am I? Wow! Show a little personality already. In my defense, I am kinda new to this whole blogging thing, but I will try a little harder to not bore you to sleep before you even get to the recipe. Yes, bore you to sleep in the 2 whole lines before the recipe. I had a hard time getting through them too. I think I have a semi-permanent indentation of the keyboard in my forehead. I guess it serves me right for being so boring. Every time I look in the mirror I will have a nice little reminder. I do not guarantee to be un-boring (is that even a word? Guess it is now), just not as totally boring as I have been.

I love pancakes! I could eat them everyday and not get tired of them. I have 3 recipes that I absolutely love. This is one of them (thanks to the wonderful ward cookbook, without which, I would never have had this recipe). I don't make pancakes very often, maybe once a month. When I was pregnant with one of my kids (my last? I don't remember for sure, the time seems to fly by faster than I can keep track), I made pancakes probably 2 times a week, at least. I guess my oldest got tired of them, because he complains every time I make them "Mom, why do we always have to have pancakes? I want crepes." Crepes just take way to much time. Anyway, this recipe uses whole wheat. Yup, un-ground whole wheat. What a great way to use the 5 gallon buckets of wheat in my food storage.


1 cup milk
¾ cup raw whole wheat
½ cup butter or margarine
2 eggs
1 tablespoon honey
3 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon vanilla

Blend milk and wheat in a blender for 4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and blend 3 minutes more. If you are using a Vita Mix or similar blender, only blend for half the time. Otherwise, you will be cleaning cooked batter off the bottom of the mixing container thing (sorry, having a brain laps. Seems to happen often....)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...