Thursday, November 11, 2010

Corn Pancakes

Here is my third and final pancake recipe. Corn pancakes! One thing that I love about these pancakes, is that the corn meal get softened so you don't break your teeth on an unsuspected, harder than rock, piece of corn meal. Have I ever mentioned that I love pancakes?



½ cup corn meal
½ cup boiling water
½ cup flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 egg
¼ cup butter, melted
½ cup milk

Put corn meal in a mixing bowl and pour the boiling water over the cornmeal, stirring briskly until well blended. Slowly add milk, then remaining ingredients. Beat batter until thoroughly mixed. Cook over medium heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...