Monday, January 10, 2011

Fudge

I don't know why, but as soon as Christmas was over with, we started all over with the Christmas goodies - at least some of them. So that is why I am posting fudge in January.

I have tried a lot of fudge recipes and this one is my favorite. I like it because it doesn't have to be refrigerated and is not too hard - just perfect! My 11 year old can make it without much help too. Perfect fudge made by someone else? Sounds better than perfect to me, if that's possible.


3 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 (7 oz) jar marshmallow creme
1 cup chopped nuts, optional (I like pecans)
1 teaspoon vanilla

Place sugar, butter and evaporated milk in a large sauce pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it comes to a full boil. Boil for 4 minutes, stirring constantly so it doesn't scorch. Remove from heat and add chocolate chips and marshmallow cream. Stir until completely melted, then stir in vanilla and nuts. Pour into a greased 9"x13" pan.

Recipe adapted from Kraft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...