Saturday, January 29, 2011

Strawberries and Cream Bites

Ever wonder why 4 year olds shouldn't be allowed to cook? Well, this is why.



They would cook their little brothers! Yep, she has him in a pot. I don't think I would be too happy either if someone was trying to cook me. And I thought she liked him.....

I took my girls to the store with me, and even though strawberries are not in season (or even on sale - yikes), they won. Since they won, I decided to do something with the strawberries to make them last a little longer. Not sure it worked. My 9 year old had a friend over and I don't think they even chewed, just bite and swallow - a bite in each hand. She asked me if I got a picture, and when I told her yes, she asked how to delete it so I would have to make them again tomorrow. The girls said they were "Yummy, Yummy, Yummy!!".


1 package sugar cookie mix, plus ingredients to mix (I used a 15.5 oz box)
8 oz cream cheese, softenend
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed (could use real whipped cream)
1 pound strawberries, sliced

Mix sugar cookie dough according to package direction. Roll dough out to between 1/8 and 1/4 inch thick. Cut into 3 inch squares. Butter 2 muffin pans and place 1 square in each hole. Bake at 375 for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool completely. Mix cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Stir in whipped topping. Spoon into the cooled cookie cups. Top with sliced strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...