Monday, January 31, 2011

Tangy Pork Sandwiches with Spicy Slaw

I came across this recipe on Food Network and decided to try it out. I love pork roast, so figured it had to be good. Everyone really liked them, even my daughters friend who was over for dinner.

My husband and I ate ours like this.


The kids at them like this.




1 large sweet onion, sliced
1 (3 pound) pork roast
Salt and pepper
1 cup barbecue sauce
1/2 cup yellow mustard
3 tablespoons ketchup
1 cup chicken broth
1 lime, juiced
Hamburger buns, for serving (I like to butter my buns and cook them in a frying pan until toasty. Mmmmm)

Slice onions and place in the bottom of a crock pot. Salt and pepper roast and place roast on top of the onions. Mix barbecue sauce, mustard, ketchup, broth and lime juice and pour over roast. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Remove roast from crock pot and shred. Discard onions and return roast back to crock pot.

Spicy Slaw

1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1 lime, juice
1 tablespoon hot sauce
1 (16 oz) package coleslaw mix

In a large bowl whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, and hot sauce. Add coleslaw blend and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour before serving. Serve on top of pork sandwich.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...