Friday, February 4, 2011

Cheater Veggie Stir Fry

Yes, that's right, Cheater Stir Fry. I used to make stir fry the "real" way, but then I had kids. My kids are so good at getting me side tracked, I would always burn my veggies. Burned veggies are not to tasty if you ask me. I still wanted to have my stir fry, just not burnt stir fry. That's why I came up with my cheater version.

This time I used baby carrots, broccoli, yellow squash and celery, but any veggies work. I usually make this stir fry when I have a bunch of veggies sitting in my fridge that need to be used. I will sometimes add in chicken (at the request of my sweet hubby), but usually stick to the veggies.


8 to 10 cups chopped veggies, steamed until tender crisp (I usually use closer to 10 cups)
1 packet brown gravy (plus water to mix)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon ginger

Make gravy according to package directions, adding in soy sauce and ginger. Pour over steamed veggies and serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...