Wednesday, March 23, 2011

French Bread Pizzas

My sweet hubby and I were talking about creative dates and somehow we got onto the subject of the kids. Funny how that seems to happen so often. My hubby had been out of town for the week and the kids had been so good, so we decided to do something fun for them. March Madness is in full swing and there was a game on that would have half time at dinner time. We decided to watch the game as a family (hubby's idea of good, quality family time, not mine.....) and then let the kids go to a "fancy restaurant" at half time for dinner. We made menus, got out the sparkling cider and candles (nothing fancier than a candle lit dinner) and even waited on them throughout their 3 course meal (salad, main dish and dessert). The menu: fruit salad, french bread pizza, ice cream. The kids loved it and my hubby and I had fun being the waiters and cooks.

I had a loaf of french bread sitting on the counter that I needed to get used up, and the kids always love pizza, so I got thinking and came up with French Bread Pizzas. Quick, easy and tasty.  Another bonus....they take only about 15 minutes to make and cook.  Dinner in under 30 minutes that the whole family loves.  Score!



1 loaf French bread, cut in half lengthwise, or into 1 inch slices (when I do the slices I let the kids "decorate" their own)
1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
3 cups cheese, shredded (I usually use mozzarella, but only had cheddar this time)
pepperoni, sliced
olives, sliced

Lay sliced bread out on a cookie sheet covered with aluminum foil. Spread sauce over bread and sprinkle with cheese. Top with pepperoni and olives and sprinkle with a little additional cheese. Bake at 400 for 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

Any pizza toppings could be used, we just chose to go with pepperoni and olives.

Recipe from The Royal Cook - an original!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...