Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cheese Rolls

These little cheese rolls are SO easy and tasty!! Most people use flour tortillas, but we love them with corn tortillas. I almost feel silly sharing my "recipe", but the corn tortillas are a little different. Yum!!

When I make these for my girls, they insist on having them cut in half so they can count the rings and see how old they are (like trees - I guess they paid attention in school). They always tell me that I need to make them a really, REALLY old cheese roll. Old cheese rolls don't sound too appetizing to me. I imagine them growing green stuff all over them, kind of like leaves on trees. Kind of.....


Small corn tortillas
Shredded cheese
Butter (I use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter spray)

Heat a flat bottomed frying pan on the stove over medium heat. Butter both sides of each tortilla. Place 1 tortilla in the hot frying pan. Cook for about 30 second - until the butter is melted and the tortilla is hot. Flip the tortilla and sprinkle with cheese (I use just under 1/4 cup on each tortilla) and cook for another 1 1/2 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Remove tortilla from pan and roll. Be careful with the melted cheese. It is HOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...