Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hot Chicken Sandwiches

When I was a kid, my parents would take us to a hometown cafe and they would often order hot sandwiches. I would sweet talk a bite out of them almost every time (man I was good!) I LOVED the hot sandwiches. They were served with potatoes and smothered in gravy. Yum!!! I usually serve mine with mashed potatoes as well, but when I pulled out the potato bag, it was.....*gulp*.....empty! Who does that!?! Who runs out of potatoes!?! That's right up there with running out of ground beef! (That's a whole other story. I know everyone is dying to hear, so brace your self. I get it free. That's right. FREE! And I still ran out.) I don't run out of things. Really, I don't. I am the neighbor that all the other neighbors go to when they run out of stuff. I always have what they don't. *Sigh* Oh well. I have potatoes now and am determined not to run out of them again (or ground beef for that matter).


2 cups chicken gravy
1 pound deli sliced chicken
6 sliced bread
butter

Toast the bread and butter. Warm the gravy in a sauce pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and heat through. Divide the meat between the slices of toast and drizzle with any remaining gravy.

Recipe from The Royal Cook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...