Friday, April 22, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

These are the cookies that were up against my White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies in the cookie contest my sweet little 10 year old insisted on. She even made these Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies ALL by herself. She wouldn't even let me help stir in the chocolate chips (picture her grunting and sweating from stirring). Yep. A pretty determined little princess I have. The only thing she allowed me to help out with was the clean up. I don't think I got the best deal on that one....


1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 cup shortening (I prefer butter flavored)
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 tablespoons milk
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups quick oatmeal
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Beat shortening and sugars until creamy. Add vanilla, eggs and milk; mix well. Stir in oatmeal and chocolate chips. Using rounded tablespoons, spoon drops of dough onto greased cookie sheets, placing 2 inches apart. Bake 10 minutes or until edges are light brown.

Recipe from Western Family

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...