Thursday, April 21, 2011

White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies

I was instructed by my sweet hubby to make a treat to take to a fireside. I asked what kind of a treat he wanted me to make. He said cookies. Specifically, chocolate chip cookies. Even more specifically, "The ones you made the other day. They were really good." (Aka Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies)I was going to take Yummy Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are, after all, very yummy, but, I decided I needed something a little differnt (aka something not already posted on my bloggy friend. Aka again, this blog). Then he hit me with the big one. When they were getting ready to announce the fireside in church, he told the announcer that there would also be refreshments. Their conversation went something like this....

Hubby "And there will be refreshments."
Announcer "Who's making the refreshments?"
Hubby "My wife."
Announcer "Really!?! To heck with anything about the fireside. I'll just tell them your wife's making the treats. She makes the best treats EVER!"

Can you see the really cool pedestal I've been placed on? Can you see my head blowing up like a balloon sitting up there on that pedestal all pretty? Well, it didn't last long. I started looking through my recipes and fretting about the kitchen. I mean, I had to live up to the expectations put on me. I had to make something amazing. I thought about making Amazing Brownies. They are, after all, amazing! But Hubby said they would be too messy. He also told me he didn't know why I was making such a fuss about some little cookies. *sigh* Sometimes men just don't get it.

I decided on these White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies because, well, they are amazing (and new to my blogy friend).

When my sweet little 10 year old saw me putting white chocolate chips in the cookie dough, she about had heart failure. I mean, how could anyone in their right mind ruin perfectly good cookies with putting those nasty things in there (according to her). So....she insisted on a contest. She would make a batch of cookies all by herself, and the cookies that disappeared the fastest were the winner. At the end of the night, it was about a tie. Even though she rigged the contest (she and her best little buddy and best little buddies little sister ate at least half of hers all by themselves). On second thought, maybe she didn't rig it after all. Her vote, along with her best little buddy and sister's votes just weighed a little more heavily than most. Pretty clever little girl!


½ cup butter
½ cup shortening
½ cup brown sugar
1 ½ cups white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 ¾ cups flour
1 ½ cups white chocolate chips
½ cup macadamia nuts

Cream butter, shortening and sugars. Beat in eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Add white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts and stir until well combined. Drop onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes.

Recipe from The Royal Cook (an original)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...