Thursday, October 20, 2011

Cheesy Creamed Tuna on Toast

Growing up my mom would make Creamed Tuna on Toast quite often for a quick, after church meal on Sunday. I decided to give it a whirl for lunch after church, but with a little twist. Remember that massively HUGE box of Velveeta? Well I threw some in, just for good measure. :) The kids all really enjoyed lunch, especially when I told them it was "Farm Food".


1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup flour
3 cups milk
1/4 pound Velveeta, cut into cubes
Salt and pepper to taste
2 (5 oz) cans tuna, drained (I use albacore - it's less fishy tasting)
10 sliced buttered toast

Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium low heat, then stir in flour to make a paste. Slowly add milk, whisking constantly. Increase heat to medium and add Velveeta and salt and pepper to taste. Continue whisking and cook until thick and cheese is melted. Add tuna and stir until well combined. Serve over buttered toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...