Friday, October 14, 2011

Santa Fe Pasta Skillet

I had a 2 pound box of Velveeta (now that's a LOT of Velveeta!) that was begging to be used. Not literally, more like the little voice that sometimes pops into my head and gives me great ideas (and sometimes even not-so-great ideas). According to the family, this was one of the great ideas. My picky 10 year old said it was very, very delicious, but a little spicy. The hubby said "This is great. I could even eat it again." That is about the best compliment that comes from him.


1 (12 oz) box rotini pasta, cooked and drained (I used the garden variety)
1/2 pound Velveeta, cut into cubes
1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (I used Rotel)
1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained
2 cup cooked and diced chicken
2 cups frozen corn (or a 15 oz can)

Combine cream of chicken soup, Velveeta cubes and tomatoes in a large skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until Velveeta is melted. Add beans, corn, chicken and noodles and cook 5 minutes or until heated through.

Recipe from The Royal Cook - an original!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...