Thursday, February 23, 2012

Crumpets

Ever had a Crumpet before? I hadn't had one or even heard of them until I found this recipe. They are kind of a cross between a pancake and an English muffin. My 10 year old says they taste like french toast. You know, they kinda do! I loved them and about half of the kids loved them. The other half were a bit unsure. I ate them with butter and jam. Yum!


3 Packages Active Dry Yeast
3/4 Cup Warm Water
3 Teaspoons Sugar
1 Cup Warm Milk
3 Eggs
3 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Salt
Butter

In a large bowl, combine the yeast and water, and sprinkle with sugar. Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes, or until foamy. Add in remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth. Cover and let sit for 35 to 45 minutes (check after 20 minutes to make sure it doesn't overflow). Heat a griddle to medium-high heat. Melt about 1/2 tablespoon of butter on the griddle and pour about 1/4 cup batter on the griddle for each crumpet. Cook until the tops looks almost dry, then flip.

Recipe from Fake-it Frugal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...