Thursday, April 12, 2012

Protein Balls (Edible "Cookie" Dough)

These Protein Balls are my new favorite snack.  Not only are the super yummy, they are healthy too!  No sugar, oil, or anything like that added.  The entire family likes them too.



1/3 almond butter (I buy the almond butter I grind fresh at the store)
1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut (I buy it from the bulk section at the health food store)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon agave or honey
pinch of salt

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined.  Roll into balls and store in the fridge.

I sometimes like to add 1/4 cup dried cranberries.  Chocolate chips would be good as well.

Recipe from The Royal Cook - an original!

Linked on Sweets for a Saturday.

4 comments:

  1. Susan, these are perfect! Our oldest daughter is Vegan and I can have something for her when she comes at the end of this month. Both my girls loved eating "raw" cookie dough and this recipe looks so healthy, that as a mom I would have let them eat all they want:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good for "health food." Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the flavor of these, but I had to add a bit more coconut and some oat flour to make a dough instead of a "soup"--I'm not sure if it was because my almond butter was a smoother grind perhaps? Maybe just something for people to be aware of if they're not grinding their own nut butter.
    No matter, tasty and simple recipe that both my kids and I enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...