Thursday, May 24, 2012

Sausage and Veggie Egg Muffins

These Sausage and Veggie Egg Muffins were fantastic!  So good and flavorful.  My favorite part had to be the fresh basil in them.  I couldn't believe how much flavor the fresh herb gave the muffins.  So much more and better than dried herbs.  It's a good thing I liked the fresh basil so much, because I panted an herb garden this year along with my regular garden.  I am so excited to pick from both this summer!



2 mild sausages, removed from casing (I used turkey)
1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup carrots, grated
1/2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
2 to 3 tablespoons fresh basil, diced
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
10 large eggs

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.  In a skillet, cook sausage until cooked through and no longer pink.  Make sure to break the sausage up into small pieces.  In a medium bowl, combine cooked sausage, red bell pepper, shredded carrots, spinach, and basil.  Set aside.  In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, salt and pepper.  Add egg mixture to the sausage and veggie mixture and stir to combine.  Fill muffin cups with egg mixture up to 1/4 inch from the rim.  Bake the egg muffins for 20 to 25 minutes or until eggs are set in the middle.

Recipe from Multiply Delicious.

Linked on Get Your Brag On and Weekend Wrap Up Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...