Saturday, June 16, 2012

Butternut Squash, Apple and Pecan Hash

I am in LOVE with this amazing Butternut Squash, Apple and Pecan Hash!  The flavors blend so well and it comes out, well, amazing!  It kinda reminds me of pie.  Apple and squash pie.  My hubby didn't quite think so, but that's okay because he still thought it was delicious!



It makes my mouth water just looking at all that good stuff!

1 large apple, diced
1 1/2 cups butternut squash, peeled and diced
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
1 tablespoon oil (I used coconut)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Salt and pepper, to taste
Sliced green onions for garnish, optional

Preheat oven to 400.  Placed diced butternut squash on a greased baking sheet.  Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, or until tender.  Place oil in a large frying pan and melt over medium high heat.  Add squash, onion, pecans, cinnamon and nutmeg and cook, stirring often, until apples are tender; about 10 minutes.  Add cooked butternut squash and season with salt and pepper.  Serve garnished with green onions, if desired.

Recipe from The Royal Cook - an original!

Linked on Breakfast Ideas Monday.

2 comments:

  1. This is a recipe I will make now and certainly be a part of our Thanksgiving feast. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious!
    Check out my blog: http://bakingcraze.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...