Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Chicken in a Crockpot

Did you know you can cook a whole chicken in the crock pot?  It's true!  I had no clue until just recently (thanks to a sweet reader for letting me know!).  We love chicken around here, but I also use cooked chicken for so many things.  Things like Chicken Tamale Pie, Hawaiian Haystacks, Red Sauce Chicken Enchiladas, Green Chicken Enchiladas, Chicken Pot Pie, Baked Chicken Taquitos, and Chicken Tortilla Soup, just to name a few.  Cooking a whole chicken in the crock pot is the easiest way I have found to cook a chicken and the meat comes out SO tender and juicy.  A major plus!

This time I cooked my chicken on a bed of baby carrots and sliced onions.  Dinner can't get any easier than that!


1 whole chicken
salt and pepper or desired spices, to taste

Rinse chicken and place in a crock pot.  Cover and cook on high for 5 to 6 hours.

2 comments:

  1. I think crockpots are one of the most under used pieces of equipment we have. I'm happy you show how easy it is to put together a wholesome meal with it. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have to agree! I don't know what I would do without mine.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...