Saturday, July 28, 2012

Buttermilk Blueberry Pancakes

I love summer and all of the fresh fruit that is inexpensive and all around.  My kids like love blueberries.  I sometimes think they even like blueberries more than me.  Hard to believe, but it's true.  The 3 little ones will polish off an entire pound in just a couple minutes and still beg for more.  I was determined to do something with them other than just eat them plain, so I hid some and made these fantastic Buttermilk Blueberry Pancakes.  I served them with more fresh blueberries and real maple syrup.  They were a hit!



1 cup buttermilk
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
2 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup fresh blueberries (I'm sure frozen would be fantastic as well)

Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and butter into buttermilk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.  Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray (or heat a griddle to 350). Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface and the edges look dry. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side and cooked through (the blueberries will start to bubble on the top of the pancake when they are cooked).
Recipe adapted from Fluffy Pancakes.

1 comment:

  1. Blueberry pancakes will always be a cherished memory that surrounds my mother. Sunday mornings in the summer were something to look forward to with pancakes on the griddle. These look amazing. XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...