Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Asia's Chocolate Chip Chocolate Muffins

Holy cow!  Can I just tell you that summer is a little CRAZY with 5 kids!  Although I love having them all home, it will be nice to have a little break when school starts.  It's always a bit bitter-sweet when school starts.  This year I will be left with only 1 baby at home.  I can't believe all my babies are growing up so fast.

My sweet little 6 year old found this recipe and insisted on trying it out.  She was so proud of her muffins and has every right to be.  They are delicious!  Whoever came up with muffins is quite the clever one.  If you ask me, they are just cupcake without the frosting.  But that makes them "legal" in my house for breakfast and I don't have a single little one - or big one, for that matter - that will complain about eating dessert for breakfast. :)



1 3/4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup chocolate chips - I used mini semi-sweet chocolate chips since my little princess insisted on having mini muffins.

Preheat oven to 375.  Grease or line a 12 cup muffin pan (I live in a high altitude area and was able to get 24 mini muffins and 11 regular sized muffins.  I probably could have gotten 18 regular sized muffins out of the batter with my altitude.)  Combine dry ingredients in a medium sized bowl and whisk until combined.  Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine.  Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just blended.  Add chocolate chips and mix until combined.  Spoon into prepared muffin cups and bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.  I cooked the mini muffins for 11 minutes.

Recipe from GirlsGoGames.  My little girl "won" the recipe and was so excited!

Linked on Sweets for a Saturday

2 comments:

  1. You're right--muffins are a great invention! Asia's look delicious and I bet everyone was glad she was inspired to bake! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chocolate muffins are really yummy, nice for breakfast. hope you can also make a cheese muffins and share your recipe. =)
    user voted viewing Grizzlies in the wild

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...