Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Creamy Orange Pineapple Salad

Do you want a real crowd pleasing salad.  Well, this, ladies and gentlemen, is exactly that.  A real crowd pleaser.   It had my sweet little 2 year old licking it of Daddy's plate before we even sat down to dinner.  And that was after he had already licked his sweet little plate clean.  Sneaky little bugger! :) The little guy managed to down 3 servings of this amazing Creamy Orange Pineapple Salad.  3!  And he's only 2!  I think everyone had at least seconds. Somehow about a cup survived until the next day.  I thought I was being sneaky when I pulled it out of the fridge to finish up.  Either I wasn't very sneaky, or the kids could smell it.  Either way, they came running.  I ended up having to relinquish the bowl to a 2 year old and a 4 year old.  I think that alone qualifies me for the Mom of the Year award. :)

It might not look too pretty, but it is fantastic!!


2 (3 ounce) packages orange gelatin
2 (3 ounce) packages tapioca
4 cups water
2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed

Combine water, gelatin, and tapioca in a large sauce pan.  Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring often.  Once the mixture comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium and boil for 3 minutes.  Pour into a large bowl or 9x13 inch pan.  Refrigerate until cool, about 1 to 2 hours.  Stir in fruit and whipped topping.

Recipe from The Royal Cook - an original!

1 comment:

  1. This so reminds me of something my grandmother made called ambrosia. I bet my family would love this:-D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...