Friday, October 5, 2012

Cinnamon Applesauce

For Johnny Appleseed day at school, my sweet little 6 year olds class made Cinnamon Applesauce.  She had been looking forward to the day all week.  The little sweetheart even asked if she could take extra apples to class, just in case some of the other kids forgot theirs.  On the day her class was making the Cinnamon Applesauce, my little princess woke up with a tummy bug.  She was crushed that she wouldn't be able to go and get some applesauce.  I told her not to worry, I would be happy to make her some homemade applesauce.  There was only one problem.........She informed me there was a "secret" ingredient and neither of us knew what it was.  I used my mad mommy skills and found out the "secret" ingredient.  And then I ran into problem #2.  I couldn't find the "secret" ingredient.  I tried 2 different stores and then decided to improvise. 

The Cinnamon Applesauce was fantastic!  It made the house smell delicious and the smile on my little princesses face was priceless.


16 apples, cored, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup Fire Jolly Ranchers, wrappers removed

Place apples in a crock pot and cook on high for 4-5 hours, stirring occasionally.  Mash apples with a potato masher and add candies.  Cook another 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Serve warm or cold.

Recipe adapted from Miss Christensen.

Linked on Sweet as Sugar Cookies.

2 comments:

  1. How clever of you! And a perfect accompaniment for fall. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to use jarred applesauce How much did your 16 apples make.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...