Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Who Ordered Winter? My 9 Favorite Soups

 I vote for today being National Soup Day.  If there isn't a National Soup Day, there should be one!


I like to go walking in the mornings with a friend.  We both head out with strollers and get to actually talk to an adult (between kiddy interruptions) for an entire hour.  This morning it was a little chilly.  As in, 32 degrees with the wind chill.  It was cold!  And it's just going to get colder.  When we got home, all I wanted to do was curl up in a warm blanket with a good book and a cup of hot cocoa.  Since I have a darling little (destructive!) 2 year old running around, I figured that wasn't the best options.  It amazes me how something so cute and so small can make such a HUGE mess!

In his Halloween costume. :)

Since a warm blanket and a good book weren't going to happen, I dug through the fridge and found just enough leftover soup for a hot bowl.  I ate it as I watched my little destruct-o-baby play demolition derby with his cars.  I love little boys! 

One thing I'm excited for with the weather getting cooler cold is all the yummy soups I get to make.  Here are my 9 favorites (in no particular order).  Why 9 instead of 10?  Just for fun. :)



Chipotle Sweet Potato and Corn Chowder - This is the one I feasted on this morning after my freezing walk.






Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Yummy souop recipes. Love them all. Now which one should I make first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to trying several of these soup recipes. I try to do a "soup night" at least once per week during cool weather. My idea of great comfort food. Oh......and fresh home made bread to go with the soup. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...