Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bites

My kids are SO excited for Sunday.  They (especially my 7 year old) are plotting and scheming up ways to finally catch their very own leprechaun.  They try every year, but seem to be more determined this year to finally succeed.  That's where these Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Bites come in.  I don't know of a single person that doesn't love these things.  Pretty sure that a leprechaun would love them as well, so they get to be part of the bait in our leprechaun trap this year.  If I can manage to make any last that long....  Oh!  And they're easy.  Really, really easy!


1 bag pretzels, I used the square ones, but the small regular ones work well too
1 bag Rollos, unwrapped (Unwrapping them is my kids' favorite job.  Or is it the "quality assurance"? :))
1 bag M&M's

Preheat oven to 350.  Place pretzels on a baking sheet in a single row.  Top each pretzel with a Rollo and bake for 3 minutes, or until the chocolate is shiny and melted.  You don't want to completely melt the caramel, just the chocolate.  Press an M&M in the center of each melted Rollo.  I pulled out just the green ones for St. Patty's day (and even threw in a few yellow for "pots of gold" - I'm feeling pretty clever for that one!).

This is a super fun and easy snack/treat that can be customized for any holiday.  It's also a great one for the kiddos to help with.  They can unwrap the candy, lay the pretzels on the baking sheet and top them with Rollos, and even press the candy into the center when the pan cools.  My 7 and 11 year old practically did them by themselves!

Recipe adapted from Caramel Turtle Pretzels.

1 comment:

  1. Now that a treasure at the end of the rainbow! Happy St. Patrick's Day, XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...