Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Cinnamon Almonds

One of my favorite things about the fall is the smells that are associated with it.  Like the warm spices.  When I made these Cinnamon Almonds they made the house smell like fall (or the holidays!)  All the kids that tried them really liked them.  Even the sweet little 5 year old who initially turned her nose up at the sight of them.  The hubs really liked them, as well.

These Cinnamon Almonds would make a great addition to the goodie plates that seem to abound around the holidays. :)  They're also delicious in a green salad.

Speaking of salad......I went grocery shopping earlier this week.  As I walked through the produce sections a lovely tub of  Spring Mix salad greens caught my attention.  I thought it would be a nice change from the usually greens I use (spinach, romaine, iceberg and red and green leaf lettuces), so I bought the tub.  I got home and made myself a lovely salad with the mix, fresh berries and sugared almonds.  As I was eating my lovely salad, I kept thinking it tasted like what I imagine weeds would taste like.  I looked at what kinds of things were in the mix and found Dandelion greens listed.  No wonder it tasted like weeds!  I spend all spring and summer trying to keep them out of my grass and there are people eating them.  On purpose!  At least now I know the weeds are good for something.  At least if we're starving. :)



3 cups whole almonds
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 cup water

Combine sugar, cinnamon and water in a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat until the sugar is dissolved.  Add almonds and stir to coat them in the syrup.  Cook, stirring constantly, until the sugar crystallizes and starts to look sandy; 5 to 10 minutes.  Remove from heat and pour onto a sheet of parchment paper to cool.

Recipe from Something Swanky.

Linked on Pinworthy Projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment - I would love to hear from you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...